At the back of D8 there is a control panel consisting of buttons for device operation, a display for indicating current percent brightness setting and current colour temperature expressed in kelvins, diodes signalling the operation mode, battery seats (optional) and mains power supply socket. Controllers of D8 lights have a non-volatile memory for three panel presets that include brightness and colour temperature settings.
Calling the presets from individual memory units is done by pressing the related memory buttons; storing a preset requires holding the chosen button pressed for a while.
Indicators found next to the buttons signal the use of memory.
The optional DMX512 controller enables to control the light remotely in television studios or when the light is hard to reach.
Key features of D8 lights:
• Beautiful strong soft light.
• Possibility of +/- G hue correction (D8G only).
• No flickering effect, suitable for illuminating locations and sets filmed in slow motion at any frame rate.
• Stepless colour temperature adjustment capability as well as switching between standard daylight and tungsten colour temperature settings.
• Freely adjustable brightness (0–100%).
• DMX512 signal control capability (option).
• Current colour temperature in K, per cent brightness, +/-G correction, battery voltage. Non-volatile user settings memory.
• Can be powered by the V-Lock type battery.
• High efficiency and low operating temperature.
• Aluminum housing. Highly robust, resistant to shocks and moisture.
• Dependability. Long service life. Intuitive operation.